- Any currently prescribed medications in original bottles. Vitamins, herbs, OTC medications and supplements must arrive in sealed containers and may be used only at the discretion of the program clinician.
- Comfortable, wash-and-wear, casual clothing. Laundry facilities and detergent are available for resident use. Sweaters and jackets are recommended as nights are typically cool.
- Workout clothing and one-piece swimsuits only (no bikinis).
- Comfortable walking shoes, flat-soled shoes or athletic sneakers; boots or sturdy heeled shoes for some activities.
- Personal hygiene items, such as toothpaste, deodorant, make-up and hair products, in quantities sufficient for your anticipated length of stay.
- Health insurance card, driver’s license or other I.D., and a copy of TB test result if done within the last three months.
- Pharmacy card (if your health insurance card does not include a “BIN” number, we will need a pharmacy card or access to your “BIN” number to order your medications).
- Reading material related to recovery, therapy, personal growth or spirituality.
Please Do Not Bring:
- Any clothing that depicts or advertises alcohol, drugs, sex, violence or gambling (or any other clothing deemed inappropriate by staff). Specific clothing not allowed: tube tops, spaghetti strap tops, midriff tops, shorts 6” above the knees, fish net stockings, low-rise jeans, spandex, lingerie, revealing evening wear, flip flops/thong shoes, clothing revealing the stomach, breasts or thighs.
- Laptop computers (Several PCs are available to residents for use in completing treatment related assignments).
- Cell phones. Following a 72 hour phone restriction at the start of treatment, you will have access to telephones during specific hours, seven days per week. Our phones have free unlimited domestic long distance calling service. You only need a calling card if you will be making international calls.
- Cameras, video recording or playback devices, video game consoles, or hand-held gaming devices.
- Aerosol products or products containing alcohol, such as hairspray, hand sanitizer, mouthwash, perfume, cologne, aftershave or herbal tinctures.
- Unsealed bottles of medications, herbs or supplements except for prescription medications in original bottles; loose medications, herbs and supplements or those in unmarked containers, bags or envelopes.
- Straight razors, pocket knives or weapons of any kind.
- Food or beverages of any kind.
- Illegal substances of any kind.
- Cash, credit cards, ATM cards and check book. These will be placed in a safety deposit box upon admission and may be accessed with special approval. You may carry up to $20 on your person at all times. On a day to day basis, however, you will have little need for money and few opportunities to spend it.
- Personal radio/cassette/CD player/iPod or mp3 player (with headphones) for use in your room or at the gym only.
- Cigarettes or other tobacco products. If you use tobacco and do not intend to quit during treatment, we recommend that you bring enough for your anticipated length of stay. We will not purchase these for you or transport you to obtain them, and you will have few opportunities to obtain them on your own. You may arrange to have them mailed to you, or brought to you by your visitors.
- Musical instruments provided they are played at times and in locations which are not disruptive to the program or other residents.
get confidential help now: (415) 233-9865 Email Us