At Bayside Marin Treatment Center in California, we understand the many ways that addiction can impact the entire family, and we appreciate the role that family members play in the recovery process.
For these reasons, we make a concerted effort to include clients’ loved ones in their treatment and recovery. For example, we hold post-intake discussions with family members regarding family dynamics, concerns, and priorities; we provide treatment updates from the client’s therapist and counselor (with the client’s permission); and we conduct individual family therapy sessions, as needed.
The highlight of family involvement at Bayside Marin is our Family Program. Bayside Marin’s Family Program is designed to help family members develop the knowledge and skills that will allow them to rebuild relationships, strengthen family bonds, and support their loved one as he or she walks the challenging path of recovery.
“During the family program I learned many things about alcoholism and specifically my dad. I feel that I can have a better relationship with him now.”
“We will have a lot more communication and honesty in our family due to the skills we learned.”
Family Treatment Program Activities at Bayside Marin in California
The Family Program Workshop takes place on a Friday and Saturday twice a month and is facilitated by master’s level therapists. Invited loved ones and family of both residential and outpatient clients are strongly encouraged to attend this intensive workshop featuring education, group activities, peer support and new learning.
Family Program attendees will accomplish the following:
- Recognize that they are not alone. Meet and learn from other parents, siblings, spouses, and offspring
- Examine the current “family deal” and its toxic effects as well as the forces that sustain it in its current form
- Alter patterns of impaired coping and distorted dependency
- Shift the family system toward wellness and hope for all members
- Learn to set limits in a way that feels personally acceptable and supports the necessary recovery efforts of all family members
- Launch an effort to rebuild trust and healthy inter-dependence
- Practice family recovery in action through an introduction to Al-Anon
“I liked watching my son share his feelings and how he interacted with others. I also like the role playing it was helpful to be able to say some things with structure and caring people to help guide us.”
“The groups were facilitated by caring knowledgeable people. I felt comfortable sharing without being judged or corrected.”
Family Program Dates
Bayside Marin will host the Family Program on the following days in 2017:
|January 6-7||January 20-21||Feb 3-4||Feb 17-18|
|March 3-4||March 17-18||April 7-8||April 21-22|
|May 5-6||May 19-20||June 2-3||June 16-17|
|July 7-8||July 21-22||August 4-5||August 18-19|
|September 8-9||September 22-23||October 6-7||October 20-21|
|November 3-4||November 17-18||December 1-2||December 15-16|
The schedule is as follows:
- Friday 10:00am – 3:30pm, family members only
- Saturday: 10:00am – 3:30pm, clients join family members at 1:30pm
Please note: It is essential that family members attend the entire workshop. This helps ensure the effectiveness of the program, and promote the emotional safety of all participants.
The Bayside Marin Family Program is conducted in our Outpatient Treatment facility at 718 4th St, San Rafael, CA.
Learn More Today
For more information about Family Program (or any other aspect of residential or outpatient treatment at Bayside Marin), please feel free to contact us at your convenience:
- Call toll-free (888) 246-9237.
- Click here to see our Family Program FAQ page.
We look forward to speaking with you, and answering all of your questions about Bayside Marin in California.