Bayside Marin’s Intensive Outpatient Program allows you to receive the treatment, education, and support you need, for your addiction and co-occurring mental health issues, while continuing to fully participate in your everyday life.
This level of care is designed for those who:
• Do not require the structure of 24-hour residential care
• Are in the early stages of addiction or substance abuse
• Are transitioning from residential or partial hospitalization programs
• Have employment, family or school commitments
• Have stabilized in recovery practices and are seeking ongoing support
This comprehensive outpatient program meets three to four days per week, either mornings or evenings, in order to accommodate your schedule. We offer, for your convenience, one in downtown San Rafael.
Our Outpatient Program features include:
• Individualized treatment planning
• Education/awareness classes
• Family Program weekends
• Weekly group acupuncture
• Yoga and meditation
• A fully equipped gym, pool, sauna and steam room
• Referral to Self-Help Support Groups (AA/NA, LifeRing, SMART Recovery)
• Lifelong Continuing Care
Our goal at Bayside Marin Outpatient Treatment Center, in San Rafael, California, is to restore you to a healthier, happier and more productive life – a life free from chemical dependency and destructive behaviors. We are committed to helping you heal in all areas of your life, including your physical health, mental health, employment, relationships, finances, housing and social support systems. We are here to provide you with treatment and support, in a safe and nurturing environment.
Recovery from a drug or alcohol addiction is a commitment that takes a lot of time and energy. In the past, many centers for residential treatment of substance abuse stressed the notion that a full recovery meant quitting your job and entering treatment full-time.
In today’s tenuous economy, fewer people are willing to risk losing their financial stability to enter drug rehab — and at least one residential addiction treatment center is making sure that’s no longer an issue.
Bayside Marin, a premier substance abuse treatment center in San Rafael, California, recently began an evening outpatient rehab treatment program that puts patients on the path to recovery without requiring them to stop working.
Those changes involve adapting the treatment center’s 30-day in-patient program to a 10-week evening program that provides patients with similar support. Patients who enroll in the treatment center’s Evening Outpatient Program attend group sessions three times per week and individual therapy sessions once per week. They are also provided individual treatment plans, education and awareness classes, and onsite self-help support groups, such as Alcoholic’s Anonymous, LifeRing and SMART Recovery.
Bayside Marin encourages patients to start building an outside support system while they are in drug & alcohol outpatient treatment, and to maintain an exercise program to help support their recovery. Patients enrolled in the Evening Outpatient Treatment Program have access to treatment activities such as the treatment center’s fully-equipped gym, as well as yoga and chi gong classes.
The emphasis on recovery lasts long after the 10-week program is completed. Bayside Marin’s continuing care program provides ongoing support for three years after treatment. Treatment staff conducts confidential monthly assessments to ensure that patients are continuing in their recovery and to address any issues that may have appeared since treatment ended.
Bayside Marin stresses the importance of having a strong support system during recovery. It asks patients to supply contact information for several people in their life who can provide information on a patient who does not check in. The center also encourages patients to include their support network in their recovery through family therapy.
Patients who have participated in Bayside Marin’s Evening Outpatient Program are also provided continued support through the addiction treatment center’s Alumni Program. This program provides alumni with weekly support groups, periodic lectures and social events organized by other program graduates.
Patients may also opt for recovery coaching or intensive case management, depending on their needs. Recovery coaches shadow people in recovery during the workday, on business meetings or in other situations that may trigger a relapse. The coaches help patients prevent relapse while providing support throughout the day. Intensive case management provides concentrated day-to-day support to allow patients to work while going through recovery.
Is Evening Outpatient Treatment Right For You?
Evening outpatient treatment provides a solution for people who are struggling with substance abuse but who are worried that taking time off from work may mean losing their jobs. Despite the fear of losing employment, recovery should come first. Ignoring substance abuse can only cause more serious problems to a person’s health, relationships and work life.
Evening outpatient programs are best for:
- People who have already completed detox rehabilitation from drugs or alcohol. This is something that is not normally done on an outpatient basis because of the risks and complexity of treatment.
- People who can maintain abstinence for a period of time. People who are unable to stay off of drugs or alcohol for a period of time would do better with the structure provided in an inpatient program.
- People without co-occurring mental health disorders problems. People who have are addicted and also have dual-diagnosis with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder or another mental health disorder may need more integrated and intensive treatment.
- People with a stable home environment and a strong support network. One of the hardest parts about outpatient treatment is the temptation faced at home or in a social setting. To successfully complete addiction outpatient treatment, it is important to have a support network of non-using friends or family and a sober home environment.
- People who need some support, structure, and education in recovery. Recovery is an ongoing process, and it is something that is extremely difficult to do without any support or guidance. An outpatient program provides many of the same components of an in-patient program but allows patients to continue to work or attend school, care for children and maintain their daily life.
While today’s economy may make the idea of losing your job more stressful, your health should come first. In California, Bayside Marin’s Evening Drug & Alcohol Outpatient Program allows you to focus on your recovery from substance abuse without worrying that you won’t have a job to go back to.
Address: 718 4th St, San Rafael, CA 94901