At Bayside Marin Treatment Center in California, we understand the many ways that addiction can impact the entire family, and we appreciate the role that family members play in the recovery process.
Understanding our Family Program
We make a concerted effort to include clients’ loved ones in their treatment and recovery. For example, we hold post-intake discussions with family members regarding family dynamics, concerns, and priorities; we provide treatment updates from the client’s therapist and counselor (with the client’s permission); and we conduct individual family therapy sessions, as needed.
The highlight of family involvement at Bayside Marin is our Family Program. Bayside Marin’s Family Program is designed to help family members develop the knowledge and skills that will allow them to rebuild relationships, strengthen family bonds, and support their loved one as he or she walks the challenging path of recovery.
“During the family program I learned many things about alcoholism and specifically my dad. I feel that I can have a better relationship with him now.”
“We will have a lot more communication and honesty in our family due to the skills we learned.”
Family Treatment Program Activities at Bayside Marin in California
The Family Program Workshop takes place on a Friday and Saturday twice a month and is facilitated by master’s level therapists. Invited loved ones and family of both residential and outpatient clients are strongly encouraged to attend this intensive workshop featuring education, group activities, peer support and new learning.
Family Program attendees will accomplish the following:
- Recognize that they are not alone. Meet and learn from other parents, siblings, spouses, and offspring
- Examine the current “family deal” and its toxic effects as well as the forces that sustain it in its current form
- Alter patterns of impaired coping and distorted dependency
- Shift the family system toward wellness and hope for all members
- Learn to set limits in a way that feels personally acceptable and supports the necessary recovery efforts of all family members
- Launch an effort to rebuild trust and healthy inter-dependence
- Practice family recovery in action through an introduction to Al-Anon
“I liked watching my son share his feelings and how he interacted with others. I also like the role playing it was helpful to be able to say some things with structure and caring people to help guide us.”
“The groups were facilitated by caring knowledgeable people. I felt comfortable sharing without being judged or corrected.”
Family Program Dates
Bayside Marin will host the Family Program on the following days in 2018:
|January 5-6||January 19-20||Feb 2-3||Feb 16-17|
|March 2-3||March 16-17||April 6-7||April 20-21|
|May 4-5||May 18-19||June 1-2||June 15-16|
|July 6-7||July 20-21||August 3-4||August 17-18|
|September 7-8||September 21-22||October 5-6||October 19-20|
|November 2-3||November 16-17||Nov. 30-Dec. 1||December 14-15|
The schedule is as follows:
- Friday 10:00am – 3:30pm, family members only
- Saturday: 10:00am – 3:30pm, clients join family members at 1:30pm
Please note: family members are encouraged to attend the entire workshop. This helps ensure the effectiveness of the program, and promote the emotional safety of all participants. Programming does not occur on Sundays.